Skip to main content

XIXI MATURAN COVER OF JONG SUMANGIL'S 'B U L A' [MusicVideo]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIRD WORLD LIVING ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS

Frankly , I haven't heard of her before the story conference of Howard Yambao's BEST. PARTEE. EVER, entry to last year's QC INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL starring JC De Vera.  JC played a straight-acting gay man caught in nasty broil of Ecstasy addiction and trade.  The film was shot almost in its entirety in the confines of provincial jail where I played a hot headed old fag jailbird. At the conference, as we were introduced, she caught my attention.  Well-made up and in a cocktail dress she amiably smiled at everyone , her name: CATALEYA SURIO.  As we were given a rundown of role assignments, I realized that she was playing a transwoman in for some crime and detained in the male cell.  This was because in the Philippines, a sexually re-assigned is still recognized with what is on one's birth certificate.  Ah, alright. "As far as I remember, I was ALWAYS a girl", Cataleya nonchalantly declares in our online interview.  Orphaned at a very young age, She

Mercedes Cabral : The Soul Of A 3rd World Actor

... pensive.  THE Mercedes Cabral! As a child, it may have occurred to her that one near future she was going to wear skins of a myriad of women [and men?]. It may not have come as a wondrous dream but rather a steamy afterthought.

PaulHRoquia's SHREDDED PAPER ART

I guess it was in the early part of the new millenium that a paper shredder found its way to my realm.  My brother, also as gay as the month of May who happens to be an anthropologist and a consultant of multinational entities sought the contraption to do away with confidential files .  Being manual, I shared the chore of destroying reams of documents and when there was almost a mountain pile I found it rather interesting.  I kept them in a box where for whatever reason , I'd grab a handful and start a bush fire [I was quite ignorant then of the Clean Air Act];  keep fragile gifts cushioned inside their boxes and even mix them with the  kapok in my pillows.