Skip to main content

ON THE SET : Joel Lamangan's 'BES & THE BESHIES' , COMING VERY SOON!


Seven months after shooting Howard Yambao's BEST. PARTEE. EVER. in a slammer in Pampanga; I get to once again be part of a film starring THE COMEDY QUEEN herself, Ms. AIAI DELAS ALAS , with The Joel Lamangan no less at the helm.  A cameo is always welcome; it is a short appearance, with minimal exposure requirements and I get to just be myself or as to how I deem the role should be carried out with.  I play a parlorista who rages on another parlorista [played by Byuti Veloso] ; who I share a chin prominence making us look like twins!  Ms. Aiai's character, a Barangay Kagawad and sort of a 'jane of all trades' pacifies us.  We shot in Proj6, Quezon City and it was a breezy day which made it quite comfortable.  That was on April 2.  I never expected that suddenly I would be called back to do more appearances ; delighted and totally flattered who was I not to oblige? I did three more scenes; two of which were highlights of the hilariously riotous opus that celebrates friendship, family and being one's self.  Finally titled BES & THE BESHIES, The Divine Diva Zsazsa Padilla, Timeless Carmi Martin and Perfectly Pretty Beauty Gonzales complete the stellar circle from CINEKO Productions, in a screenplay penned by another legendary Filipino film icon Ricky Lee. The powerhouse cast also include Allan Paule, Emilio Esteves, Christian Vasquez, Vangie Lavalan, Hashtags Nikko Seagal, Jon Lucas, Wilbert Ross, Heaven Peralejo, Jim Pebanco, among oh so many others.  Jollibee sensation MJ Tam also makes a pivotal appearance everyone should watch for.  The wedding scene at Fernwood is such a grand scene that is no less than breath-taking.  I will cherish all those moments chatting away with the great Joel Lamangan.  He is too grounded and his impeccable sense of humor is almost too holy to ignore.  Awed to be in his presence, we should all be celebrating to have been blessed with a film maker who owns a beautiful mind in this century.  This is one AIAI DELAS ALAS film every Juan should watch when it finally hit the screens.

My sweetest gratitude to Joel Lamangan,Armand Reyes, Dennis Evangelista, Katya, Byuti and CINEKO production and staff for making me part a monumental comedy project ever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THIRD WORLD LIVING ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS

Frankly , I haven't heard of her before the story conference of Howard Yambao's BEST. PARTEE. EVER, entry to last year's QC INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL starring JC De Vera.  JC played a straight-acting gay man caught in nasty broil of Ecstasy addiction and trade.  The film was shot almost in its entirety in the confines of provincial jail where I played a hot headed old fag jailbird. At the conference, as we were introduced, she caught my attention.  Well-made up and in a cocktail dress she amiably smiled at everyone , her name: CATALEYA SURIO.  As we were given a rundown of role assignments, I realized that she was playing a transwoman in for some crime and detained in the male cell.  This was because in the Philippines, a sexually re-assigned is still recognized with what is on one's birth certificate.  Ah, alright. "As far as I remember, I was ALWAYS a girl", Cataleya nonchalantly declares in our online interview.  Orphaned at a very young age, She

Mercedes Cabral : The Soul Of A 3rd World Actor

... pensive.  THE Mercedes Cabral! As a child, it may have occurred to her that one near future she was going to wear skins of a myriad of women [and men?]. It may not have come as a wondrous dream but rather a steamy afterthought.

PaulHRoquia's SHREDDED PAPER ART

I guess it was in the early part of the new millenium that a paper shredder found its way to my realm.  My brother, also as gay as the month of May who happens to be an anthropologist and a consultant of multinational entities sought the contraption to do away with confidential files .  Being manual, I shared the chore of destroying reams of documents and when there was almost a mountain pile I found it rather interesting.  I kept them in a box where for whatever reason , I'd grab a handful and start a bush fire [I was quite ignorant then of the Clean Air Act];  keep fragile gifts cushioned inside their boxes and even mix them with the  kapok in my pillows.